|Welcome to "BidsOnline Help" (BidsOnline) Files specifically tailored to answer the commonly asked questions of vendors.|
- What is BidsOnline and how does it work?
BidsOnline is a web enabled procurement and electronic bidding system implemented in order to provide better service and convenience to vendors. In order for BidsOnline to work effectively, you must register online. As a registered and approved vendor on the BidsOnline system, you will be automatically notified of Bid Alerts, changes, and addenda. You may at any time search for the latest contracting opportunities available, request and download documents and bid electronically (if applicable) on all open requests up until bid closing. Best of all, this service is offered to vendors for free!
| - How do I become a
If you would like to become a registered vendor please select "New Vendor Registration" from the main hub and follow these steps:
Step 1 Company Info tab: Select a Username and Password (Tip: write it down to remember them). Complete the Company Info, all mandatory fields are denoted by a red asterisk. The Main Contact information section will allow you to enter up to two separate email addresses (a main and an alternate) for notifications of projects out to bid.
Step 2 Additional Addresses: : If your company has multiple addresses you may enter them here if you so choose. Remit Addresses are addresses the Agency should use to mail all payments or invoice inquiries. Order Addresses are addresses the Agency should use for purchase orders.
Step 3 Classifications/Licenses: : Please select all that apply. To select Contractor Licenses please click on "Add" and select all that apply. License number and expiration date will be mandatory if a license type is selected.
Categories are selected by clicking on the "Add" button. You can search your category in numeric or alphabetical order by clicking on the column header or you can type in a key word in the box above to bring up all categories that include the key word anywhere in its title.
|- Can I have more than one email address?|
- How do I know my registration was submitted and do I have to wait for confirmation?
Upon successful registration, you will be directed to the New Registration Confirmation page and receive an email confirmation with your login information. However you do not need to wait for the confirmation email to begin using the system.
- Can I maintain my own profile on the website?
Yes, once you completed the registration process you will be able to make changes to your company profile at any time through our website. From the main portal simply log in if you have not already done so and select "Vendor Profile". Make the necessary changes and click on "Save and Exit"¯.
- What if I forget my username and password?Click on "Login" if you have not already done so. Click on "Forgot". Enter your email address and select "Send Email". An email will be sent with your username and password.
- How will I know when there is a new bid request that matches the services we provide?Registered vendors are notified automatically via email if the category code(s) used in a new bid request created by the Agency matches the category code(s) you've selected in your vendor profile. If a match occurs then you will automatically be notified via email with subject "Bid Alert".
- For A&E Bench Certification (applicable agencies only) how do I create a zip file?While holding the CTRL button down select the files you wish to place in the folder. After you have selected all the files release the CTRL button and right click with your mouse over one of the files. A menu will appear, select "Send" and then select "Compressed (zipped) folder".
- How do I search for current or past bid listings?
From the Bid Opportunities page there are 2 ways to search for current and past listings on Agency's website:
1. Simply select "Search"¯ and the complete list of all current and past bids available for viewing will be listed.
- How do I order hard copy bid documents?
To order hard copy bid documents please complete the following steps.
- How do I order electronic bid documents?
To order electronic bid documents please complete the following steps.
- How can I download electronic bid documents?To download electronic bid documents please complete the following steps.
1. At the bottom of the Electronic Documents box select "Download Now". You will be asked to login if you have not already done so.
2. Review and update Prospective Bidder Detail for this bid request only then select "Done". You can change the contact information for this bid without changing your main profile.
3. Select "Download Now" again and then download for each file available.
4: Select "Done" when finished.
- How can I download and acknowledge addenda?
To download electronic bid documents please complete the following steps on the Addenda Tab.
- Are bid results posted to the website, if so, how do I obtain them?
Yes, bid results are posted to the website automatically if bidding is conducted electronically and the bid date/time has closed. Otherwise, they will be available once the Agency has reviewed all bid results and enters them into the system manually.
| - How
do I know if a request is bidding electronically or by paper?
There are two main areas to find this information:
- How does electronic bidding work?
In order to be able to bid electronically, you must be a registered vendor with the Agency through the BidsOnline system.
- Can I overwrite my electronic bid?
Yes, you can overwrite your electronic bid at any time prior to bid closing. Simply follow the same procedure you would as if you were submitting your electronic bid the first time, except when your bid appears select “Edit” to make changes.
- Can I withdraw my electronic bid?
Yes, you can withdraw your electronic bid at any time prior to bid closing. Simply follow the same procedure you would as if you were submitting your electronic bid the first time; when your bid appears select “Withdraw” and then “OK”.
- How do I create a zip file?
While holding the CTRL button down select the files you wish to place in the folder. After you have selected all the files release the CTRL button and right click with your mouse over one of the files. A menu will appear, select "Send" and then select "Compressed (zipped) folder".
- What about privacy and security of information obtained?
Please refer to PlanetBids, Inc. privacy and security policies for use of all its solutions and services.
- What if I'm worried about security of the website?
Note: If you would like to register online using a secure SSL certificate, please simply change http to https in the web address.
Rev. A. 101210